Reserve apparatus

All apparatus related posts. New deliveries, orders, questions/comments.

Moderator: FireCapt

Forum rules
-LACountyFire.com reserves the right to deny any and all services to anyone at anytime for any reason.
-All activities on and stemming from LACountyFire.com must not violate Federal, State or local Laws. Content posted on LACountyFire.com must not detail/describe or advocate violating any local, State, Federal or International laws.
-Users participate at their own risk. LACountyFire.com is not responsible for content posted by any user, whether in the forums or private messages.
-One account per person, no exceptions. Creating a second account to evade a ban or permission restriction will result in all linked accounts being permanently banned.
-Users agree to refrain from abusive behavior against other members in posts, private messages, or email.
-Once original material is posted on the site, it becomes the property of LACountyFire.com and/or public domain.
-Users must be 18 years of age or have permission from their legal guardian to use the site. The site/staff are not responsible for content viewed by minors.
-LACountyFire.com does not delete user accounts or their content upon member request. Your contributions to this site are the property of this site. Registration to this site is free, new members find and join our community without any invitation. If the site does not appeal to you, you are expected to abandon it and never visit it again instead of insisting for a membership removal.
-By posting on LACountyFire.com you are affirming that you agree to abide by all site rules, policies and etiquette.
-LACountyFire.com is run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. It is in no way affiliated with any Department, Agency, or Provider.
Monrovia1
Boot Member

Reserve apparatus

Post by Monrovia1 »

When an LA County FD Engine is deployed on a strike team and a reserve engine is placed in service to cover for that unit, Why does that reserve engine respond under there ID IE 5166A instead of simply becoming E544 etc.
cfox504
Boot Member

Re: Reserve apparatus

Post by cfox504 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but.......if you look on Pulse Point, you'll currently see a variety of reserve apparatus running in place of front line units that are deployed elsewhere......so, for example.....E236 is deployed either to an incident or as part of a Strike Team, their designator doesn't change. They then place, say, E5151 in service to run calls as E236.....most CAD systems can't or won't accept 2 units with the exact same designator. The original E236 may be part of Strike Team XXXXA or whatever, but it's still E236. E5151, a reserve rig, is running calls as E236 while its gone. I would think under "normal" everyday operations, if a rig went down and they switched to a reserve, then they probably swap out the number plates on it and E5xxx then becomes Exxx in the CAD system for dispatching. Just my two cents worth