OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES: STRUCTURE FIRE
POSITION STATEMENT: OVERHAUL GROUP LEADER
By: Larry Hambleton
1. Protect firefighters and civilians from exposure to injury.
2. Search for hidden fire and complete extinguishment.
3. Insure that fire debris does not impact neighborhood.
4. Restore building to livable condition if possible.
1. In conjunction with the Incident Commander develop and implement an "overhaul plan" that includes the following:
A. Determine carbon monoxide levels.
B. Set PPE minimums for overhaul operation.
C. Determine manpower needs, crew rotation, & rehabilitation.
D. Determine cause and/or protect area of origin.
E. Establish final fire and smoke damage perimeter.
F. Systematic plan for locating all hidden fire within perimeter.
G. Protect neighborhood from fire debris.
2. Is responsible for tactical coordination of all the resources within the
3. Coordinate activities with ongoing salvage operations.
4. Apply current technology to overhaul operation. (fire finder, thermal imager, etc.)
1. Shall communicate as "Overhaul Group" - assigned resources to
retain company number.
2. Shall communicate with the Incident Commander on the assigned command frequency.
3. Provide status reports and updated information.